NDDR Relay 2019 - Venue and route change
Please see below for details regarding the NDRR relay leg on the 18th June. We are unable to use the Tarka Tennis Centre this year so have booked Park school sports hall as the HQ. We have therefore also adjusted the route accordingly as described below;
Please use the Park and Ride facility at Park School (EX32 9AX). Alternatively, you may park at the Leisure Centre and take the footpath across the old Iron Bridge to the start.
Changing and Toilet facilities are provided at the Sports Hall at Park School.
The race start position is located at the end Rock Park, on Ladies Mile, at the base of the steps leading up to the Park and Ride.
Race Course –
- From the start run down Ladies Mile towards the town staying on the road (please be aware of traffic).
- At the bottom of Park Lane, just past the Tennis Courts, take the perimeter footpath of the park and continue to run towards the war memorial.
- Exit the park at the war memorial and continue to run along Taw Vale until a turn is indicated.
- Return towards Rock Park and enter the park taking the riverside path. follow this path all the way back towards the start, turning right when the footpath joins Ladies Mile.
- Take the footpath on the right (Lover’s Walk) and follow this to the junction with Pill Lane (please be aware of the cycle barrier /trip hazard at the end of Lover's Walk).
- Turn left onto Pill Lane and follow the road up the hill
- Turn left at the junction with the main road (please keep to pavement where possible).
- Turn left at Park School and follow the footpath down the hill.
- Turn right onto Ladies Mile back to the Finish.
Marshals / Signs will be located throughout the course and the link for the updated strava course profile is: http://www.strava.com/routes/19216887